My Averatec 6200’s fan was running uncontrollably, until I figured out the laptop_mode and how to change the default values in various configuration files.
- Open up the file:/etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf
- Change these settings from “0” to “1”:
- Save the file then execute the commands:
laptop_mode start force
- And listen for the fan to slow down…
Next, there are some extra steps to get the laptop startup in laptop mode:
- Open up the script, /usr/sbin/laptop_mode, and change the “0” values to “1” for:
- Then open thefile /etc/rc.d/rc.local and ADD the following line:
I’m sure NOT all of these steps are necessary, but they worked for me!
UPDATE: These settings cause my Averatec to overheat and shut itself down: major bummer. When I find out how to configurate laptop mode better, I’ll update this post… 🙂